Table of Content
|1) What are ceramic watches?||2) Benefits of ceramic watches|
|3) Disadvantages of ceramic||4) Top 6 Ceramic watches|
|5) Ceramic watches: A durable and reliable watch|
What are ceramic watches?
Ceramic watches are timepieces that feature ceramic as their primary material. You can find this durable material on the case of the watch, the bracelet, or both. Ceramic is a highly durable and scratch-resistant material that is both lightweight and hypoallergenic, making it an ideal material for watchmaking.
Watches made of ceramic can come in a variety of colors, including white, gray, black, and even brightly colored options. The color you see on a ceramic watch is not painted on. Instead the color is achieved through a process of firing and heating that forms a colored ceramic material.
Benefits of ceramic watches
Ceramic watches have become popular due to the benefits the material delivers. We have mentioned some of the benefits below, to help you understand these watches better:
- One of the primary benefits of ceramic watches is their durability. Ceramic is scratch-resistant, which means watches made of ceramic can easily withstand daily wear and tear. Another interesting thing about this material is that it is also lightweight, which makes it comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
- Ceramic watches also hold a hypoallergenic property. Ceramic is a non-porous material, which means that it does not trap oil, bacteria or dirt, which makes it a suitable material for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Lastly, ceramic watches offer a sleek and modern look which can complement a variety of styles and outfits. Whether you’re looking for the perfect dress watch or an everyday watch, a ceramic watch is a great option.
Disadvantages of ceramic
Ceramic as a material has a lot of advantages with regards to watches. With a set of pros, there are always some cons as well.
- When compared to steel, gold or titanium, ceramic watches do have the ability to shatter if they take a hit. This means if you own one of these watches, you will have to be extremely careful not to hit them on a wall or drop them by accident.
- Among the watch enthusiasts, a ceramic timepiece might look less distinctive than steel or a gold watch. A steel model can still be recognized from a distance, where as a ceramic watch cannot.
Top 6 Ceramic watches
Some of the biggest watchmakers in the world are producing the finest ceramic watches you can buy. Therefore, we have listed the 6 best ceramic watches you should consider investing in.
- Audemars Piguet Ceramic collection
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona
- Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Co-Axial Master Chronometer GMT
- Rado Hyperchrome Automatic Chronograph
- Chanel J12
- IWC Da Vinci Ceramic
- Hublot Big Bang Black Magic
Audemars Piguet Ceramic collection
Ceramic as a material can be difficult to work with, especially when working with watches. AP took this as a challenge, and today they have more than 15 ceramic watches in their collection. They have classified the watches into white ceramic, black ceramic and even blue ceramic. These include some Royal Oak and a few Royal Oak Offshore models.
Some of these models get even more interesting with the Openworked skeleton dial and a variety of complications, including a moonphase indicator. The biggest advantage is taken by the Offshore series. These are usually heavy watches when made out of steel. But ceramic being a lightweight material, makes it much lighter on the wrist.
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona
In 2016, Rolex introduced a new version of the Cosmograph Daytona featuring a black ceramic bezel, replacing the previous stainless steel bezel. The ceramic bezel provides more durability, is scratch resistant, and showcases a high-quality finish. All of these factors make it a popular choice among watch enthusiasts.
Additionally, ceramic allows Rolex to produce bezels in a variety of colors and finishes. Some of the popular colors include black, white, and blue. Overall, the integration of a ceramic bezel has improved the functionality and aesthetic appeal of a Rolex Daytona.
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Co-Axial Master Chronometer GMT
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Co-Axial Master Chronometer GMT is an incredibly stunning ceramic watch with a black ceramic case, bracelet, and bezel.
The watch is also water-resistant up to 600 meters and has Omega’s Co-Axial Master Chronometer movement which offers excellent accuracy and reliability.
Rado Hyperchrome Automatic Chronograph
The Hyperchrome Automatic Chronograph by Rado is a stylish and functional ceramic watch that features a black ceramic case and bracelet. The watch has a water resistance measure of up to 100 meters and features an automatic chronograph movement.
Next on the list is the Chanel J12. This is a classic ceramic watch that has been popular for many years. The J12 watch features a white ceramic case and bracelet with a black ceramic bezel.
This particular watch has a water-resistance capability of up to 200 meters and is equipped with a highly precise quartz movement.
IWC Da Vinci Ceramic
The IWC Da Vinci Ceramic is one of the most sophisticated ceramic watches available today. It features a black ceramic case and bracelet. The watch also supports a water-resistance measure of up to 30 meters and is equipped with a self-winding movement.
Hublot Big Bang Black Magic
Hublot Big Bang Black Magic is a bold and striking ceramic timepiece that features a black ceramic case and bracelet. The watch is water-resistant up to 100 meters and features a self-winding movement.
Ceramic watches: A durable and reliable watch
Ceramic watches are a great option for those who are looking to buy a durable, scratch-resistant, and modern timepiece. The top ceramic watches offer a combination of function and style. These watches are often made available in a variety of color options, making them stand out a bit more than regular steel or gold watches.
Moreover, these watches also come with plenty of features such as water resistance, chronograph movements, precision and accuracy. Perhaps, if you are looking to buy a high-end ceramic watch, you can certainly buy a Rolex in Dubai from us, here at WatchMaestro.